Wills & Trusts
Summit County Will And Trust Lawyers
While documents such as powers of attorney and advance directives are important, a solid estate plan is built upon wills and trusts. No matter your age, health or wealth, we highly recommend that you have a will and trust in place to protect your assets and clarify your wishes for asset distribution to your surviving heirs.
At Carlson & Carlson Attorneys-at-Law, P.C., we have more than 80 years of combined experience providing legal advice and representation to residents of Frisco, Breckenridge and communities throughout Summit County, Colorado. When you have questions or concerns regarding estate planning, it is wise to seek the counsel of a knowledgeable lawyer.
Schedule a initial consultation by reaching us online or by telephone at 970-368-5829.
A Team Approach To Your Complex Estate Planning Matters
While the intricacies of your estate plan can be discussed during a private consultation, wills and trusts perform different but important functions within the comprehensive plan.
- Wills are typically focused on tangible items — assets — and their distribution after you pass away. A will gives you the power to determine who gets what when. Additionally, wills can be as detailed or general as you would like.
- Trusts are typically focused on financial matters. There are numerous different versions of trusts that accomplish different tasks. We can provide clear legal insight into what might work better for your situation.
Beyond this, we handle trusts as methods for asset protection and wealth preservation, including tools such as:
- Revocable trusts/living trusts
- Trusts/irrevocable trusts
- Temporary powers of attorney
- Guardianships for medical and financial decision-making (typically for individuals who have a disability or health issue that prevents them from making such decisions)
- Conservatorships that appoint an individual to manage the finances of a minor
Discussing end-of-life matters can be emotionally challenging. As skilled estate planning attorneys, we are accustomed to providing personal service and the individual attention our clients need no matter the complexity of the situation. Schedule a consultation at our firm to learn more about how Carlson & Carlson Attorneys-at-Law, P.C., can help you.
Contact Us | Consultation | Summit County & Breckenridge 970-368-5829 | Eagle County & Vail Valley 970-845-7090